The Canadian Army uses a military version of the 2003 model and calls them “MILCOTs” or “Milverados.” A similar, more armored model is used by the U.S. Army under the Commercially Based Tactical Truck Program,or “COMBATT,” and beat rival bids from the Dodge Ram 2500/3500, the Ford F-350 Super Duty and even the Hummer to get there. What is it?
It’s the Chevy Silverado, the truck that’s been keeping your family safe, getting your work done and winning awards since 1999; and if it’s trusted by two armies to be the best, you can believe there’s a long list of reasons. “Its grunt quotient excels in all versions… plus pleasantly cushy interior… designed to deliver comfort and style without compromising its workhorse capability,” said Road & Travel as it gave the Silverado both Truck of the Year and Best Redesign awards in 2007. To mention just a few others, the Silverado’s taken…
- 1999 – Motor Trend magazine’s Truck of the Year
- 2001 – Motor Trend magazine’s Truck of the Year (Heavy Duty Model)
- 2001 – Car and Driver magazine’s Best Pickup Truck
- 2002 – Car and Driver magazine’s Best Pickup Truck
- 2003 – Car and Driver magazine’s Best Pickup Truck
- 2007 – North American Truck of the Year
- 2007 – Motor Trend magazine’s Truck of the Year
- 2007 – ICOTY International Truck of the Year
- 2007 – Truckin’ magazine’s Truck of the Year
- 2011 – Heavy Duty model won Motor Trend magazine’s Truck of the Year
Right now at Knudtsen Chevrolet online you can peruse an amazing selection of Silverado trims, from 2012 – 2013, Hybrid and non-Hybrid, all with amazing internet specials including Bonus Cash and Consumer Cash… which makes this a better time than ever not only for our customers looking for a new or used Chevy truck, but also those interested in fleet sales!