I’m a cowboy. I wear a hat. I drive a 4×4 Silverado diesel truck. I’ve got a farm. ~ Country singer/songwriter Jason McCoy
Jason McCoy drives a Silverado, and he’s not the only one. Launched in 1999, the Silverado has come to be one of the most respected pickups available. In July of 2013, the Chevy Silverado was the second-most purchased vehicle, beating out the Toyota Camry, Honda Civic and Honda Accord[i]. The third-generation 2014 Silverado promises to keep the momentum going with key upgrades that have Silverado aficionados everywhere excited.
Do you consider yourself a Silverado aficionado? Take our quiz and find out just how much you know about Chevy’s popular pickup.
- True or False: GM originally used the name Silverado to designate trim packages on the Suburban.
- True or False: The Chevy Silverado was driven by main characters in the following TV shows: “Shipping Wars,” “Pawn Stars” and “The Fall Guy.”
- What year was the second-generation Silverado launched?
- How much horsepower does the 6.2-litre V8 engine in the 2014 Silverado deliver?
- How many engine options are available for the 2014 Silverado?
- What rating did the ’14 Silverado receive in NHTSA crash tests?
Knudtsen Chevrolet has the 2014 Chevy Silverado for sale now. If you’re interested in trying out the all-new Silverado, call us today at 208-315-3095 to schedule a test drive.
Knudtsen Chevrolet, a community fixture since 1939, sells new Chevrolets, GM Certified pre-owned vehicles and used cars of all makes and models. Residents of Coeur d’Alene, Hayden, Post Falls and Spokane rely on Knudtsen Chevrolet’s trained sales and service staff to provide reliable advice on buying, selling and servicing their cars. For more information, visit Knudtsen.com.
Silverado Quiz Answers
- False. The Silverado did appear in “Shipping Wars” and “Pawn Stars,” but Colt Seavers of “The Fall Guy” drove a GMC Sierra.
- The second-generation Silverado appeared in 2006 as a 2007 model.
- The 6.2-litre V8 produces 420 horsepower and is the largest engine available on a full-size pickup[ii].
- There are three engines available on the ’14 Silverado: the 6.2-litre V8, a 5.3-litre V8 and a 4.3-litre V6[iii].
- The Silverado received an overall score of five stars. The Silverado and the GMC Sierra are the only pickups to have achieved a five-star rating[iv].