It’s that “mad” time of year again and that can only mean one thing: It’s time to dust off your brackets and settle in to watch all the excitement of this year’s NCAA College Basketball Tournament. From Coeur d’Alene to Spokane, there are plenty of places to watch all the action. With so many to choose from, we here at Knudtsen Chevy, your preferred Chevrolet dealer in Northwest Idaho and the greater Spokane area, have come up with our 10 best places to “hoop it up” during tournament time.
- Paddy’s Sports Bar & Grill– Located at 601 W. Appleway Ave., Paddy’s is an authentic Irish pub that offers a rollicking good time. The establishment features 14 TVs, four big-screen projectors, plus several pool tables, and a delicious menu of Irish fare served up in a smoke-free atmosphere.
- Capone’s Bar & Grill – With locations in CDA, Post Falls, and Hayden, Capone’s features a menu of made-from-scratch burgers, pizzas, and subs. The décor is filled with an eclectic assortment of sports memorabilia. They recently installed a new 75-inch HDTV at their CDA location for watching the games.
- Caddyshack – This golf-themed sports bar at 110 W. Prairie Ave. features golf simulators, plenty of TVs, and a great menu of bar favorites.
- O’Malley’s Sports Pub & Grill – Give an Irish flavor to your NCAA tournament madness at this lively Irish pub located in Rathdrum, ID.
- Rocker Room Sports Bar & Grill – Billing itself as CDA’s “first and only rock ‘n roll themed bar and grill,” Rocker Room features a full bar, extensive menu, lots of games, and two mammoth HDTVs. It’s located in downtown CDA at 216 E. Coeur d’Alene Ave.
- The Swinging Doors – This well-known Spokane sports bar institution located at 1018 W. Francis, features a real party atmosphere, along with 60 (count ‘em) TVs so you won’t miss a layup, foul shot, or a fast break. It’s no wonder that it’s the #1 “Best of Spokane” award winner.
- Borracho Tacos and Tequileria – Ranked the #2 Best Sports Bar in Spokane, this popular eatery located at the intersection of the University and Downtown districts at 211 North Division St. serves up award-winning and authentic Mexican cuisine. Additionally, it offers plenty of TVs to catch all the action in a hip, modern atmosphere.
- Jack and Dan’s Bar & Grill – Have some fun at this casual local’s neighborhood bar that serves “Zaggers” appetizers, along with a big menu of savory food items, lots of TVs, and more. Sports Illustrated Magazine ranked it #6 on its list of the “25 Best Sports Bars in America.” It’s located at 1226 N. Hamilton.
- The Ref Sports Bar – Located at 14208 E. Sprague, The Ref offers a family friendly environment with great burgers and pizzas, and sandwiches. Its centerpiece is a huge four-sided “scoreboard” with oversized HDTVs positioned above the bar.
- True Legends – Located at 1803 N. Harvard Road in Liberty Lake, this popular spot features a huge HDTV, along with numerous other flat screen TVs for your viewing pleasure. Fantastic bar food and a friendly staff make this place a winner.
There you have it, our top 10 picks for the best places to watch the NCAA tourney. (Information subject to change.)
Score a Winning Deal on a New Chevy at Knudtsen Chevrolet
Stop by Knudtsen Chevrolet and let our team show you our championship lineup of award-winning 2015 Chevy cars and trucks. We’re offering some “mad” deals that will score you buckets of cash. It’s as easy as “shop, select, & save!” Knudtsen Chevrolet is conveniently located at 1900 E. Polston Ave. Post Falls, ID 83854, serving Post Falls, Coeur d’Alene, the Spokane Valley, and surrounding areas. For Sales, call 877-270-3220. For Service, call 877-310-0364.