Whether you’ve recently graduated from college or you’ve just enrolled—welcome, Eastern Washington University students—you probably need a car to keep up with your busy life, and you’re unlikely to have a lot of extra car-buying cash to spare. So how do you find and choose the best car at the ideal price?
If you’re looking for a reliable yet cheap used car near Spokane, WA, you’ll want to check out our inventory of affordable used cars for sale. If a used vehicle is what you need, we can get you on the road with a dependable car that fits within your budget.
But if a new Chevy is on your wish list, don’t automatically think it’s out of your price range. As a new graduate or enrolled college student, you can save a lot of money on a new Chevrolet with our College Discount program. It’s a great way to make the most of your hard work while also keeping under budget. Simply put, this Chevy student discount program makes it simple to save! Just follow these steps:
#1: Determine If You’re Eligible
If you’re a recent college graduate (who graduated no more than two years ago), a graduate student, or a college student from any two- or four-year school, you’re eligible! To verify your eligibility, you’ll need one of the following:
- Evidence of enrollment in an associate, undergraduate or graduate degree program.
- A diploma dated no more than two years before the vehicle purchase or lease (a four-year bachelor’s degree, two-year associate’s degree or a graduate degree are all accepted).
#2: Determine If Your Vehicle Is Eligible
Have your sights set on a particular Chevy model like a 2017 Chevy Cruze or a Spark? Take a minute to make sure the vehicle you’re interested in is eligible for the College Discount program. You can find the complete list on the program website. The selected models can change, so be sure to check before you buy. If you have any questions about available Chevy models, just ask our Chevy dealers near Spokane.
#3: Get Your Authorization Number
Before you head to Knudtsen Chevrolet, stop by the Chevy website to get your authorization number. It’s easy and quick:
- Register or sign in.
- Select “GM College Discount” from the Program menu.
- Choose “Get Authorization Number” and follow the prompts.
Print out your authorization number and bring it along with evidence of enrollment or a diploma when you visit our Post Falls dealership.
#4: Get All the Details
We’re here to help you understand all the details of the College Discount program, but it never hurts to be prepared. Some points to keep in mind:
- You need to keep the vehicle for a minimum of six (6) months from the delivery date.
- You’ll want to talk to us about the discount program before you buy or lease since you can’t retroactively apply the discount to previous purchases.
- The authorization number you print from the website is good for 90 days and expires if you don’t use it. (But don’t worry – you can easily apply for another number on the site if you need one.)
- You can’t share your discount with anybody else, but the vehicle can be co-titled.
#5: Visit Knudtsen Chevrolet!
You can do a lot of research and prep work online, but there’s nothing like visiting our Spokane-area car dealers and taking a test drive. Once you’re ready, stop by our dealership in Post Falls, ID, to get behind the wheel! We serve all of Coeur d’Alene and Spokane, WA, and can also help you maximize your savings by combining your College Discount with other applicable offers and financing, too. And if you have a trade-in, we can talk to you about that.
Whether you’re taking advantage of the College Discount program or looking for a highly rated new and used car dealership near Spokane, we’re here to make the car-buying process easy. Contact us at (208) 664-8107 or stop by to look through our new Chevy models and other used cars for sale (we even have cheap used cars prices under $10k). We want to celebrate your graduation and help you find the right car to take you into the next phase of adulthood.