The holidays will be here before you know it. Soon, the inviting smells of Thanksgiving dinners will fill the air of homes throughout northwest Idaho and the Spokane Valley.
But why go to all that trouble when we here at Knudtsen Chevrolet, your hometown Post Falls, Idaho Chevy dealer, have done the online legwork for you? We put together a list of our top dozen Thanksgiving recipes gleaned from a variety of sources. It’s all here in one easy-to-use guide to creating the perfect Thanksgiving dinner. So go ahead and dig in.
(Follow the links at the end of this article for the complete recipes).
- Easy Beginner’s Turkey With Stuffing. If this is your first time cooking a turkey, or if you have limited experience, this classic recipe is a great place to start.
- Chef John’s Roast Turkey & Gravy. The secret to this succulent recipe is to use butter under the bird’s skin. This technique results in a moist and flavorful bird. You can season the butter many ways to enhance the flavor.
- Turkey In A Smoker. A more seasoned or adventurous cook may want to try this savory take on a traditional turkey recipe. Use hickory chips rather than mesquite. Use aluminum foil to keep the bird moist and to make cleanup easier.
- Turkey In A Bag. Cooking the turkey in an oven bag preserves the juices that you can use for making the gravy. A bonus of this method is that cleanup is a breeze.
- Juniper-Brined Roast Turkey With Chanterelle Mushroom Gravy. Check out local farmers’ markets for the ingredients to make this moist and delicious turkey. The chanterelle mushrooms give the gravy its unique flavor.
- Sweet Potato Casserole. This yummy side dish owes its delicious appeal to the crunchy pecan topping.
- Grandma’s Green Bean Casserole. This recipe improves upon the usual green bean casserole recipe, creating a delectable side dish.
- Wild Mushroom & Spinach Stuffing. Give your stuffing a unique twist by using a combination of fresh mushrooms and spinach. You can use pricier mushrooms like chanterelles or try to find the best wild mushrooms available.
- Traditional Mashed Idaho® Potatoes. Your Idaho Thanksgiving dinner table wouldn’t be complete without this “must-have” recipe starring our state’s fluffy and flavorful 100% Idaho potatoes.
- Roasted Butternut Tossed Salad. This nutritious and healthy salad crunches with flavor thanks to veggies, almonds, berries, and squash.
- Pumpkin Pie Dip. This creamy treat uses canned pumpkin, cream cheese, ginger, sour cream, and cinnamon. Serve it with gingersnaps or with sliced pears or apples.
- Apple & Cranberry Chutney. This sweet and tangy chutney is a perfect Thanksgiving accompaniment. It also goes well with pork or venison.
We’re Cooking Up Delicious Deals At Knudtsen Chevy
We’re serving up holiday savings on our entire inventory of new and used cars in Coeur d’Alene and Spokane. Now is the time to take advantage of special offers on our wide selection of new 2015 Chevy cars and trucks. You’ll save even more with exceptional discounts on our GM-Certified vehicles. Stop by our Post Falls Chevy dealership and let us show you how easy it is to drive away in a new or pre-owned Chevy today. Knudtsen Chevrolet is conveniently located at 1900 E. Polston Ave., Post Falls, ID 83854. To schedule a test drive, call 877-270-3220. Or for service, call 877-310-0364.